White Water park in alabama!

The Alabama Whitewater Paddlers Forum
banjo chris

White Water park in alabama!

Postby banjo chris » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:57 am

Ok guys for you that do not know awhile back we tried to get the city to open a white water park in Gadsden Alabama. Etowah tourism board paid big money for someone to come out and look at the land and they said it would be the cheapest one they have ever seen to do. Mainly because the river is setup for perfect for it. It would be unlike any park around because the rocks could move and make rapids lower class or higher class. So it was changeable. Well the city has been sitting on it for awhile and we all know that mean they will not ever let this happen.

how ever I received a phone call from a friend of mine that said he talked to them about the land. They said he could get the land cheap if he decide to build the park Himself. He would need 700,000 dollars to fund this park. So he is going to see if he could get some sponsors and setup a go fund me site. My question is would this be something we could get the Paddling community be hide? Could we count on everyone's help to make this happen? later on I could see a camping area and restaurant down there. it would help bring whitewater to become bigger in Alabama. Even have play boating events hosted there. So what are your guys taught?
Go Big Or Go Home!

oldschoolyaker

Re: White Water park in alabama!

Postby oldschoolyaker » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:19 am

Where would the proposed park be built?

banjo chris

Postby banjo chris » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:35 am

the old dam where the kids just drown. The old pump station
Go Big Or Go Home!

DaveGiles

Postby DaveGiles » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Design Report for the Proposed Gadsden Whitewater Park: http://www.gadsdentimes.com/assets/pdf/GT2236743.PDF

banjo chris

Postby banjo chris » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Ok guys its a done deal we got the land for two year. we need to raise 750.000 dollars to get this to happen. that will build the park get some kayaks for rental. we will be setting up a go fund me site soon. if anyone know anyone that will help sonsor this project please let me or Jacob Millican know. he is the one getting this together. So start passing the word around.
Go Big Or Go Home!

bamapilot

Postby bamapilot » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:06 pm

You guys have the go fund me site up yet???

Always excited to see new entertainment places being built. Keep us posted on the progress.

Good luck!!!

banjo chris

Postby banjo chris » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:48 am

After all the paper work is done we will get one up for you guys.
Go Big Or Go Home!

ngneer

Postby ngneer » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:21 pm

This needs to happen, what a kick it would b for this area. So much potential this 1 small area has. Possible rental atv area? Got places to eat and sleep less than 5 minutes. We need an entertainment area downtown similar to .....say.....Nashville type thing. Etc nuff said

bamapilot

Postby bamapilot » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:10 pm

This is getting life again, wonder if it's the same group that started this thread a year ago?.?.?.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/news/201607 ... in-gadsden

Return to “General”