On 10/20/06, Our Dear Friend Shane Hulsey Drowned on LRC

Thoughts on the passing of Shane Hulsey
markd
Site Admin

On 10/20/06, Our Dear Friend Shane Hulsey Drowned on LRC

Postby markd » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:56 pm

Shane Hulsey was the victim of a paddling accident yesterday on Little River Canyon just below Pinball. His body was recovered today. All parties in the rescue and recovery efforts are in good shape.

He will be missed. After a bit more time, myself and many others will probably take a few moments to reflect on what it all means. For now, my thoughts are with his family and friends, the boaters with him at the time, and the community as a whole.

When the details of visitation and funeral arrangements are known, they'll be passed along.

I realize the natural next question is "what happened". I will obviously defer to those who were there. My understanding is that the wishes of his family and fellow paddlers are to make nothing further public at this time. After the next few difficult days and weeks have passed and they are ready, this may change.

Thanks for the calls of concern and offers of help to myself and others. Part of the reason I wanted to post this is to elminate the small doubts a few have had about who it was. Some could not get hold of their buds who may have been on LRC yesterday.

Mark D'Agostino
Last edited by markd on Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PyranhaMan1

Let the boating community know what can be done for

Postby PyranhaMan1 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:20 pm

the family in their time of sorrow . I only met
Shane this summer in a SWRescue course . He did a heck of a good job.
I was impressed at what a good attitude he had , a really down to
earth guy ready to share what he knew . He will be sorely missed by all
who knew him , I'm sure . I hate that I'll never be able to boat with the guy .
Thanks for the info , Mark and keep us in the loop .
Tony Baker

Return to “Shane”