Shane, The River Hero........

Thoughts on the passing of Shane Hulsey
Susie W

Shane, The River Hero........

Postby Susie W » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:12 pm

Shane had a very special aura that surrounded him. I never saw him when he was not smiling. He was truly a River Hero. At our Alabama Rivers Alliance 2005 Watershed Leadership Conference he received a River Hero award. I remember him getting up there and being all excited and humble at the same time. He thanked us with that soft-spoken voice of his and with a big contagious smile and wonder in his eyes he told us that he was not the hero that the heroes were the kids that he took out on the Cahaba. When I ran into him I would always ask him about the CLEAN program and his "Cahaba" kids he glowed and would tell me about his latest educational excursion on the Cahaba. Being around him always gave me a positive boost. His spirit is looking down on us and sending us positive vibes when we need them. I believe that his spirit will guide the right person to Cahaba River Society when they have had time to heal and are ready to continue the CLEAN Educational Program again.

For other thoughts about Shane from the river advocacy and environmental community check out this web site:
http://www.bamanews.com/2006/10/ben-spe ... shane.html

Thank you Shane for being who you were. You will always be my River Hero!

Susie Wilkerson

Return to “Shane”